Wait times may vary by condition. This is the current average from door to doctor.
- Artery and Vein Care
- Behavioral Health
- The Birthplace
- Breast Care
- Cancer Care
- Critical Care
- Diabetes Care
- Ear, Nose and Throat Care (Otolaryngology)
- Emergency Care
- Eye Care
- Heart Care
- Home Medical Equipment
- Kidney Care (Nephrology)
- Medication Therapy Management
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Occupational Health
- Orthopedic Medicine and Surgery
- Palliative Care
- Pain management services
- Physical Therapy
- Primary Care
- Radiology and Imaging
- Senior Services
- Sleep Medicine
- Spine Care
- Sports and Orthopedic Care
- Stroke Care
- Surgery Center
- Women's Services
- Wound Care
Welcome to award-winning care
Known for outstanding heart, stroke and cancer care, Fairview Southdale Hospital is a multispecialty hospital dedicated to taking exceptional care of you and your family - every day.
Fairview Southdale Hospital treats all kinds of illnesses and injuries. From emergency care and health and wellness services to special care for heart and joint problems, Fairview offers the services you need.
Recognized as a top heart hospital, we are proud to provide some of the fastest times in the nation for unblocking heart problems. A Level III Trauma Center, Fairview Southdale Hospital also facilitates great outcomes for people who are seriously injured or are having a stroke. Our doctors and care teams look forward to providing you with fantastic care.
Fairview Southdale Hospital is recognized for:
- Ranked one of the best hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. Recognized in 9 Specialties: Cancer, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Ear, Nose, and Throat, Gastroenterology, Geriatrics, Gynecology, Orthopedics, Pulmonology and Urology
- “A” rated hospital for patient safety by Leapfrog Group
- Named one of the nation’s Top Performers on Key Quality Measures for 2012 by Joint Commission
- Top 100 Hospital with Great Women’s Health Programs by Becker’s Hospital Review
- Blue Distinction Center+ for Spine Surgery by Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
- Blue Distinction Center+ for Knee and Hip Replacement by Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
- Partner for Change with Distinction Award by Practice Green Health, Minnesota Hospital Association
- Save Our Skin Award for Pressure Ulcer Prevention by Minnesota Hospital Association
- Designated Minnesota’s first Level Three Trauma Center, Minnesota Department of Health
- Named Best Minnesota Hospital Workplace (large hospital) by Minnesota Hospital Association
Doctors and Providers
|Stephen Battista, M.D., F.A.C.C.|
|C. Phifer Nicholson, MD|
Our hospital is awesome! Check it out!
Fairview Southdale Hospital wants to make sure our patients, guests and visitors have the best experience possible. We offer a variety of services to help make your stay or visit more comfortable. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is something we can do to make your visit more enjoyable.
Walk for Better Heart Health and Healthy Babies
Join Fairview Northland Medical Center Saturday, May 4, at 9 a.m. for a Heart Walk and March for Babies. We’ll meet in the cafeteria before heading outside for a walk.
We invite the community to join our efforts by signing up to walk and raise money too.
Funds raised will help the American Heart Association and the March of Dimes fund research and help save and improve lives. Every walker makes a difference. Heart disease claims a life every 38 seconds in America. And every day, thousands of babies are born too soon, too small and often very ill. The money raised will support life-saving research and programs.
To register for the Heart Walk: http://twincitiesheartwalk.kintera.org/fairviewhealthservices
To register for March for Babies: http://www.marchforbabies.org/team/Northland